Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Bali is home

In Prague, on December 21st, Saturday morning, I checked with my medium suitcase if it was rather too ambitious to pack up all my essentials into its 72 liters of space. Given the pile of stuff reaching far beyond its capacity, we decided that yes, it was.
Consequently, I emptied its insides into a larger 128 liter one. Traveling light was never my virtue. After all, I am always leaving for an indefinite period.
In 2 hours I called the cab to take me to the airport.
Another ambitious idea of mine was to take advantage of the 10 hours long overlay in Shanghai, get out of the airport, and enjoy the city. A brief talk with my fellow passenger who happened to be a local informed me not to bother. By the time I'd passed the immigration and took a long journey to the city, considering the fact that I'd have to leave a room for the same procedure again later, I'd have about 5 hours left. Apparently, it's a big city and it's not worth the trouble for a few hours.
Cool.
I spread my yoga mat over the Pudong airport bench, threw a China Airlines blanket over myself, and tried to sleep for a coupla hours. Not much luck. Then I ate, worked on my website, stretched, tried a few yoga asanas, ate again, and boarded my flight in no time. Well, in 10 hours.
I couldn't quite sleep on the plane to Bali either. So I watched Allied, men in Black and Late Night. All great movies.
Upon arrival at Denpasar, I texted my nice local friend and driver, Ady. Such a blessing meeting him last October!
When we reached the villa in Ubud at 3am, I felt sooo tired... Yet I couldn't fall asleep! The excitement of coming back 'home' was too real.... at 5:30am I got up, washed my hair and started my day...
Zest is like my other home, so ceremonial cacao and tapioca flatbreads gave me the energy to power through...
I walked to the town, admired some clothes in the market, got some sunshine, sweated a lot, and bumped into Caspian in Bali Budda where I remembered they make a great Chai tea.
We had a fun conversation filled with some truth bombs. After that, I went to Radiantly Alive Vinyasa and he went to teach his acro yoga class. I am not a fan of that style.

That yoga class after no sleep for 2 days and jetlagged w a s n' t  a good idea.
No comment.
I picked up some dinner on the way home and literally fell onto the bed after the last bite.
The following 12-hour sleep restored me.
Feels so good to be home.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.