Tuesday, March 3, 2020

How healthy is 'blind love' for the heart?

There’s no doubt that exercise uplifts the spirit and heals the body... but who in their sane mind wants to go to the gym and limp out of breath through a body combat class at 9 pm? 
Nobody.
But we still do it. 

Indeed, exercise helps us to shift the focus off emotional work, while still being a heart-healthy activity. 

It makes the world stop spinning so fast if our body does the spinning instead. For a while, time stops.

An evening workout wasn't the best idea, but I skipped my morning class and my guilt-ridden soul wouldn’t find peace until I promised her to make up for it later. At 10 pm I couldn't look more red, soaked in sweat, barely standing, but still alive, along with the 20 other people.

We don't need rigorous exercise to heal and feel great. 

We can spend time with loved ones or attend to our hearts alone in silence which is also healthy.
Oftentimes, practices like yoga and meditation yield steadier and long-term results. As we pay attention to our breathing, we can question: Who am I? What do I want? Who am I without all these people constantly surrounding me, at work, at school, in the gym, in public transport, in shops and even at home...?
The heart knows. It will keep telling you to align with your highest, noblest and purest beliefs. Those views will be about love, service, and connection. Your truth will have different shapes than the truth of others. The highest truth for some might be: we're only meant to eat fruit, find one person to love or subscribe to Christianity. But to me, it's the same truth as advocating eating animals, becoming polyamorous or not believing in any religion as an expression of loyalty to the 'Universal truth'.
I don't want to get into the details today!

What I want to ask today is - giving the fact, that we all can agree on one thing: We need love, give love, receive love, and feel love -
Is blind love healthy for the heart?
Isn't the broken heart the worst human condition?

We can mend the flu, fix the broken leg, beat stress by daily yoga or achieve massive physical strength by body-building. But what do we do when the heart breaks?

I highly recommend the Netflix show: Love is Blind
I've never been a fan of reality TV shows, but something kept me coming back for more regarding Love is Blind.
Maybe because deep down I know that love is blind - no matter what the media or other people's lives portray. But does that make it real


Surely, the protagonists were expressing feelings for one another in just as little as 2 days. There were 'I love yous' flying around on the screen and I thought... Oh my God, it is possible to fall for an idea about a human being based on merely a few hours long conversations! It means it's not just me, the hopeless romantic.
If that short time-frame doesn't show evidence of love being blind, then I don't know what does.
Oh, and I forgot to mention the most important detail. The "I love you" was announced through a solid non-see-through wall, directed towards a person they've never ever seen before.

Five engagements happened as a result of this experiment on the screen.
Two married couples walked out with feelings and lust for one another.
Only one seemed blind to me.

And not in a good way. 
In this instance, when I say blind, I mean - not genuine.
The declared wedlock felt, in my opinion, very one-sided, but who am I (single, never-married, childless, a serial heart-breaker) to judge?! 😉
If love is blind, then even that union will go on for some time until they kill each other.
On the other hand, if the opposite of 'blind' is 'real' or 'reasonable', then the last issued union seemed pretty real and reasonable. 
In other words, if Lauren ended up saying 'no', I'd fuck true love!

The other three unrealized weddings were, you guessed it, a disaster. 
If you get your heart broken somewhere, anywhere, whenever, you don't feel as humiliated as if it happens on the screen in front of millions of viewers. But hey, the audience couldn't care less about your embarrassment. We've seen through the breakers way before you did. We've also seen your blindness and we feel for you!

So, do we want love to be blind??? 

The good news is that all the three people who got stood up at the altar can always travel to Asia and do their own private Eat, Pray, Love...
Regarding broken hearts, we must be patient.
Real food is medicine, praying and meditation centers us back in the heart, and love for oneself and the divine will bring the right soulmate at the right time.

I believe that and I can see that. Because I'm no longer blind...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.