Friday, July 24, 2020

Prague Romance

The morning after, I felt awkward.
Wait, first a little background story.

Ten days ago I met a man. Kind-hearted, well-traveled, trustworthy, caring, a great listener. I felt an instant attraction… This tall dark stranger with big brown eyes was sent from heaven to make my arrival back to the West, back to the city, and back to the reality of my difficult family relations a little easier. The day before meeting him, Prague seemed sooo beautiful, so crisps, so fresh, so wonderful without all the tourists. It was like a dream walking across the Charles Bridge and not physically bumping into people or needing to use my elbows to make my way through the crowd. My favorite shopping mall looked also very unobstructed. I could see all the way to the end, around the corners, and enjoy a chat with my pregnant friend in peace.
Perhaps not helpful for the economy, but great for locals to reconnect with the city…

I felt at home, welcomed, and happy. There he comes, gives me crazy butterflies, and sweeps me off of my feet. My pre-birthday dinner with him shouldn’t get dismissed, he was so thoughtful. I took a break from my family members in the south bohemia to come back to Prague for several reasons. Yes, I had important appointments but true, I wanted to see him again. What?? I know you for less than a week and I can’t get you out of my head??

Well… I couldn’t and I didn’t want to.

Kissing him at 10 pm under the stars near a fountain in Havlickovy Sady topped the perfect summer date.

Life is short. 

My time in the Czech Republic is ticking.
On Friday I have a flight to my new career. I loooove it! I have searched for a job like that for so many moths….
I am decided about what I want to do.

I like this new man, and I accept that I might have found something good which I’m dropping now in favor of something unknown.
But that’s ok.
We still have a week to go.
I have a family celebration this weekend, he is
 camping, and we might see each other afterward. 

Or we might not. 

Was sex with him all I wanted? 
Was sex with me all he was after?
I’m not sure.

The attraction was huge… but not unbearable. I could have easily waited before sleeping with him, eager to have many more of our fascinating conversations without any physicality.

But that night it felt right…
I have to own my choices.

I would have waited if I weren’t departing so soon, yet, I craved him physically and spiritually too. It’s been years since someone made me feel that way. I know that I desired to merge with him on that night and I don’t want to care about the dogma.

The morning after…. I felt a little awkward. 
The mystery was gone. My fear is that he doesn’t want me anymore… so what do I do? I run. Preventatively.

I feel a lil' sad that we weren’t given a chance at love, a real relationship.

The universe has its funny ways. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.