Saturday, May 28, 2022

Do not overlook the signs

Why am I creating a hormone health and self-care course?
Maybe it's for me. I am tired of not heading my own advice if it lacks structure.
So I decided to put all I know on paper, and then transform it into video messages. That way I can remind myself visually!

Honestly, how much pain does it take for us to finally change?

I'm asking on behalf of other people too because I know that some of us seem to take forever to learn important lessons.

Earlier this week I got the most painful bout of gastritis together with IBS to date. It's been a while since I was crouched on the bed unable to move. There were such occasions, yes, but they were usually resolved within 24 hours. Not his time. And the most infuriating thing about the attack is that I'd seen it coming for at least 2 weeks before that. My digestion stopped. I was anxious before my trip to the USA (that never happened), and then triggered by my new environment. Being surrounded by kids' candies, mildly stressing when child-sitting, galloping down coffee every day and eating spicy food didn't help. Yuck! A recipe for disaster for people with sensitive stomachs. 

Yet, I didn't stop any of it. I didn't take the time to manage my anxiety, stress, and diet habits.

Then one day I woke up with upper left abdominal throbbing. Progressively, the pain got worse so I didn't dare to eat. On Wednesday I vomited some bits from the previous 2 days... fever and bed-ridden. On Thursday the bathroom has seen me about every 20 minutes, the fever returned, and fasting continued despite knowing how my body disliked its completely empty insides. I felt like I received 30 punches into my belly. On Friday, I felt back among the living but whatever I ate just went right through me, leaving a trail of cramping pain with fear of eating again. I managed to hold in oatmeal, and later some chicken. Regaining 20% more strength.
Today I feel quite good, but not the most responsible, I just had a wholegrain cookie and unsweetened hot chocolate as a small act of rebellion towards all the fasting and bland mini-meals. We'll see how that goes...

Still, this time I learned. On top of already giving up all alcohol over a month ago, I'm now giving up coffee, eating in a hurry, and overeating after I fasted. Perhaps I should reduce my near-daily intermittent fasting anyway. IT IS NOT GOOD FOR THE FEMALE HORMONAL BALANCE! You hear me right. Studies on fasting were actually done on men.

Without self-care we struggle to keep everything in balance. Stop the pain before it stops you.

More details on the course soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.