Friday, March 5, 2021

Love & Care. Decide it'll be and it shall be.

Self-love and self-care come in many forms. One day you're in a bathtub sipping tea, and the next day you're sprawled on a yoga mat hysterically crying. It can also look like having a full day of clean eating and then downing a glass of wine at night because your obsessive thoughts wouldn't let you sleep. Your inner protective system won't scold you after a mistake. It'll take it in, accept it, and help you move on.

Of course, on an especially healthy day, self-love won't let you pitty yourself, text your toxic ex, or eat a tub of peanut butter for lunch. Self-care will step in and have you remember all the things you used to enjoy. Dance, go for a walk and smile at strangers, read a good book, have a balanced meal, and bake something yum... then dance some more.

Hold yourself in a safe space. It's okay to feel lonely. I think we all do at some point. 

I don't always reach out for help. But I know that I should. If not to the Spirit, I have some amazing friends who are always there for me. I must but ask. Sometimes though, the advice of others is either purely factual or plain subjective. I mean - these people mean well, but really, only you know what's best for you. The tricky part is to commune with the heart, not with your fear. Fear has its own agenda.

I've done a few zoom meetup calls called: Dealing with Fear. I enjoyed those because, despite the same topic, the conversations oftentimes took us elsewhere. One day we saw fear's opposite in love, the next day it was in courage.

I still prefer courage.

I feel like love doesn't have an opposite. It's too strong, too illogical, too misunderstood, too encompassing of a word.

To me, the opposite of fear is courage. And I'm now trying real hard to embrace it.

I DECIDED. 

I decided that I'd start my new work placement by Monday. On the last day of the career assessment, I was offered a new job. They were to place me on Sunday. Today, I got a call that they have a better client for me and I am to start on Monday instead. I'm thrilled to be useful again. Working in care is hard but gratifying.

Self-love and self-care are when you decide everything you wish to happen to happen. Just decide. When I feel worthy, I feel resolute that I deserve good things. I decided to create financial freedom by October 2021. Then I'm off to Tulum in Mexico. The universe is conspiring to make things happen.

My next post will be my integrity statement about the future. Until then, love yourself and say 'no' to toxicity!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.