Friday, February 21, 2020

Writing for passion

It's no secret that I love writing. Give me a topic and I will craft something entertaining in minutes. But the proverbial writer's block happened not only once.
The truly unforgettable (and unforgivable) moment was in December 2017.

At midnight, the attendees of Hay House Writer's Festival in Sydney were expected to submit a manuscript for a book deal competition. If you missed the name of the publishing house - it was Hay House! The creation of the late Louise Hay, my inspiration, goddess, mentor and a healer up on the pedestal of many. Not only I had full 4 months to think about how to grasp my innermost essential message, look over the millions of pages I have already written throughout the 20+ writing years (I started journaling at the age of 9), write some more, or I could have put the existing material coherently together, include it as an attachment and hit 'send'. 
Nope.
Come the deadline, I stare at the computer screen blankly, unable to even swallow. I felt anxious that whatever I had to say, would have been just a bunch of chaotic crap, worse than not good enough.

When it comes to any competition or generally a big deal of a business, I seem to get paralyzed and play down all my abilities.
I know it's normal, and many times I simply feel the fear and do it anyway. Courage and confidence can move mountains.
I still regret that I haven't sent at least something - something resembling a manuscript. I still don't have one. At least not a physical one, it's only in my head.
I wasn't ready to be visible then but times are changing.
I decided to pick one of my articles, either from this blog or from the former one which is available on Patreon, and turn it into a witty yet educational story for the Elephant Journal.
This time I won't chicken out because EJ publishes any creator and most importantly, I am not attached to a particular result.

Do things for love, passion, and own sense of accomplishment, rather than for outwitting your rivals.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind and have some compassion for my non-native English grammar. Applications for voluntary editing are now open.